On 12 October 2019, the MSSP Lay Community hosted their annual retreat day. Facilitated by Joan Jennings from Campion Spirituality Centre, retreatants were offered a day of stillness and prayer, and invited to listen to the stirrings of the Spirit in their soul as they reflected on the life and charism of Joseph De Piro through the lens of Ignatian spirituality. For many, a poignant reflection was how Joseph’s untimely death left a fledgling community without a leader and having to face difficult choices: “At his death, it was as if the whole Society lost its soul… we found ourselves in the wilderness, in the desert.” For many who felt they were at crossroads in their life, the day was a timely reminder of the importance of contemplation to discern God’s personal communication to each one of us especially at these moments. It also highlighted the importance of having a community of faith in which to grow in intimacy with our God and to live out the consequences of all that God calls us to.
The MSSP Lay Community meet on every second Wednesday of the month at 7.00 pm. As lay Paulists, we strive to express and celebrate our faith within a missional and disciple-making community through the distinctive spirituality of Joseph De Piro. All are welcome!
- Admirabile Signum – Apostolic Letter by Pope Francis ON THE MEANING AND IMPORTANCE OF THE NATIVITY SCENE
- De Piro Writing: 2nd Sunday in Advent (Year A)
- De Piro Writings: 1st Sunday in Advent, year A
- St James the Apostle Parish
- Annual Retreat for MSSP Lay
- Br Peter Can and Flowers!
- Baptised and Sent
- Easter of Joseph De Piro
- Jose De Piro Kabataan Orkestra – Melbourne 2019